Knot Night (Intro Lecture and Practice)
Tuesday, April 3, 2018; 6:30 pm
- Essential climber’s knots
- Hitches and rope handling
- Climbing communication
- Introduction to belay techniques
- Safety & awareness
- Study the Ropes, Knots and Hitches section of the Handbook and textbook references
- Work hard to be competent with the knots & hitches before attending this session
- Study the Belay section of the Handbook and textbook references
- Study the Standard Climbing Signals section of the Handbook and practice with a partner
- Read Staying Alive, by John Dill
- Check out Animated Knots, an excellent resource to help practice.
Climber-Rating Qualification Form
Have your instructor sign-off for your attendance.
No skill demonstrations are evaluated in this session.
What to Bring
Bring all required gear from the NMMC Climb Section Handbook.
* Assistants: Come prepared to teach knots and skills, Leaders/Floaters available as back-up
* Students: Bring your Rating Form to all sessions; Be prepared to demonstrate knots and skills